Youth Pastor Search
Corinth Baptist Church is willing and ready to invest in youth & family ministry. As God has grown this church a lot in a short period of time, we are currently seeking a bi-vocational youth pastor to serve on our ministry staff. The potential is unlimited for growth, both personally and in ministry.
Our community is quickly growing. New homes are being built at a rapid pace and families are moving in. Unchurched families with middle school and high school aged children make up a large percentage of the population. Again, potential is unlimited.
Our community is an excellent place to live that offers plenty of outdoor fun, has an incredible public school system, and possesses a small town atmosphere of charm and friendliness.
Corinth Baptist Church is a loving, growing church that is committed to the great commandment and great commission of loving God, loving people, and making disciples of Jesus Christ. We are a fun, multigenerational church that loves to do life together and is truly a church family. We are excited and in a season of prayer to God for this big step in our church. We’re praying for God’s man to come serve with us in this area.
- Salary - $336.54/week ($17,500.08/year) plus use of a 3 bedroom, 2 full bathroom on campus pastorium (worth $1,000/month in rental value).
- Reports to - Senior Pastor
Please e-mail resumes along with a link to video/audio sermons to firstname.lastname@example.org
OFFICIAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
The youth pastor is a called, committed bi-vocational Christian leader with a passion for discipling young people and their families. The ideal individual is a called man of God who can relate well with youth, parents, and adult volunteers while developing them to be passionate, life-long followers of Jesus Christ. This role requires an individual with a clear call of God to this service and the desire to be further developed in this and other pastoral duties.
- Lead the church’s efforts to make disciples of and minister to youth of middle school and high school ages (between approximate ages of 11 to 20). Work with parents & guardians to help them be equipped to disciple their children.
- Establish a long-term vision and a strategic plan for how the church engages youth that fits within and is consistent with the overall mission of the church.
- Be able to adequately teach and model the full counsel of God’s Word in order to meet the spiritual, physical, emotional, and mental needs of the youth in our community.
- Reach out to unchurched youth in the community, engage them with the gospel, and disciple them.
- Lead efforts to minister to the parenting needs of the church body.
- Recruit, develop, and deploy new volunteers for the church’s youth ministry.
- In consultation with the senior pastor and the church finance team, develop an annual budget for the youth ministry and operate within the constraints of that budget.
- Participate in general pastoral duties as needed (weddings, funerals, counseling, visitation, etc.).
- Be available to preach and teach the Bible in adult worship services when asked.
- Regularly report to the church via church conference, during church services, and via other church communication avenues regarding developments in the youth ministry.
- Oversee all activities the church’s youth participate in that occur off church campus (i.e. summer camps, retreats, disciplenow, day trips, etc.).
- Work with other church leaders to find ministry opportunities for youth in the broader church family.
- Be willing to be mentored and grow in the ministry.
- Be a unifier, a team player, love the Lord, love people, and have fun while serving in ministry.
- Plan, oversee, and lead weekly Wednesday night youth gatherings at church.
- Teach youth Sunday School class on Sunday mornings.
- Attend Sunday morning and evening worship services.
- Participate in church staff meetings as scheduled.
- A Christian man — one who has repented of his sins, trusted Jesus Christ as Lord & Savior, and has been baptized by immersion following conversion. A man who seeks to grow in his faith while leading his family in the faith.
- A calling by God to pastoral ministry.
- Possessing high Christian character and lives a lifestyle in harmony with the biblical requirements for church leaders (1 Tim. 3:1-13; 2 Tim. 2; Titus 1:5-9).
- Will become a member of Corinth Baptist Church upon installation.
- Pursuit of a bachelors or master’s degree in Christian ministry and/or theology.
- Understanding of and willingness to serve within the doctrinal commitments of the church.
- An unwavering commitment to the mission of the church.
- Fully supports Corinth Baptist Church, the pastor, ministries, lay volunteers, and officers.
- A willingness to be developed in all areas of his ministry calling.
- A desire to disciple youth & their families as followers of Jesus Christ.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
- Possess quality written and verbal communication skills.
- Jesus Christ
- The senior pastor